Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tomato Basil Soup with Italian Sausage Muffins

I don't know if it is because the air is getting colder, or if we are just on a trend, but last night we made some soup again. I am definitely not complaining. Katie put together an incredible soup. The tomato basil soup had a creamy taste, but the sauteed onion allowed for the perfect texture. Creamy enough to swallow without having to chew forever, but thick enough so it doesn't feel like your taking spoonfuls of water. On top of basil, there was also thyme and bay leaf in the soup. The mix of herbs gave it a lot of spice and a little bite.

Tomato Basil Soup

This was the second time I made the Italian Sausage Muffins. I always associated muffins with blueberries and crumbled tops, so the idea of a savory muffin was intriguing. There is half a pound of Italian Sausage dispersed throughout 12 muffins, giving you a bit of meat in every bite. The other major ingredient, spaghetti sauce, rounds out the overall taste and makes the muffins almost like little compact meals.

Italian Sausage Muffins

The muffin and the soups made a great combination (unless you really dislike tomatoes, of course). For me, though...sausage, tomato sauce, and onion...its fail proof.

Recipes to follow. I kind of promise.

2 comments:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

You have to give me the recipe to the soup! Thats my favorite soup in the world!

Stacey said...

When I get to Utah, this is on the menu.