Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chicken Chili


If you and I were talking face to face right now, you would find trace scents of stewed tomatoes, green bell pepper, and ground cumin fresh on my breath. That is how fast I am coming at you with this post. The dishes have not even been washed yet; they can wait.

The snow is starting to fall in Utah County and that makes it prime time chili time. Katie had this one sitting on the stove when I got home from class tonight (yes, that is my plug for marriage).

Chicken Chili

You know that tingling you get in the bottom of your mouth, right under and to the sides of the tongue when you smell something strong and delicious? Well that happened when I opened the door to our apartment. Apparently, there is only a teaspoon of cumin in the entire pot, but it is definitely the king of the spices in this dish.

A special thank you goes to Megan Christensen, my sister-in-law, for this recipe.

3 comments:

Julie Mack said...

Are you going to give the recipes over your blog or what?!?!? :) Sounds delish!

Katie & Keith Bond said...

I can...just email me :)

Rachel said...

Keith, I'm so excited that I found your blog!!! Now I can have a taste of Katie's cooking even though I am far away... I hope you guys are doing well and I would love to have the recipe for some of these things. :)