Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fun on the grill

Nothing beats food off of the grill. I learned to appreciate grilled food from my father who, I believe, would gladly replace any indoor oven with a Weber grill and a few Dutch Ovens.

Before we moved back to school in Provo, I took advantage of my Father-in-law's grill to cook a few dishes for Katie and me. The recipes came from a Weight Watchers cook book given to Katie as a bridal shower gift. Cheers to the gift giver for their culinary appreciations.


Spinach salad over Hummus on a Grilled Pita

Hummus is another love shared with me from my Father. It has a delicious taste and with the many available flavors, it is a really versatile spread or dip. The salad was simple and had a vinaigrette made with some citrus juice and ground cumin. The pita you see is a second try. The first one was left on the grill too long and turned into a black frisbee.

Sauteed Mushrooms over Grilled Polenta

This was definitely my favorite dish of the meal. The polenta was grilled and topped with Mozzarella. The mushrooms were marinated with rosemary and soy sauce. After sauteeing the mushrooms they were added on top of the polenta and the dish was done. Simple and incredible.

Grilled Chicken stuffed with Herb Goat Cheese

This one was a bit messy to make. The herb goat cheese in combination with the texture of the raw chicken made things a bit greasy, but in the end, it was much worth it. As the chicken grilled, the cheese melted into the chicken. The dill, parsley and other herbs mixed in with the cheese was a killer combo that you got with every bite.


The only problem Katie and I had with this meal was finishing it all. Everything reheated pretty well and made some good leftovers.

3 comments:

Brook said...

That chicken sounds awesome!

suburblog said...

Polenta is my new favorite. I usually have a grilled slab of it over a spring greens salad w/ tomatos, roasted pine nuts, red peppers and a homemade basalmic mustard dressing. Yum!

Where are the recipes for these meals??

Katie & Keith Bond said...

A few people have asked me about recipes. If I post a dish that I create, I will gladly publish the recipe. However, these recipes have all come from other published, and copyrighted sources and posting them every time probably would not be kosher. If you would like them just send me an email :).