Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fenton's Creamery

To top off a great holiday break, Katie's parents took us to Fenton's Creamery in the Piedmont area of Oakland, California. If you are ever in the Bay Area, this is a must have. I went a few years ago and got a Reuben Sandwich. The pastrami was delicious and the sauerkraut was right on. I planned on getting this sandwich again and again until I stopped by the 115 year old establishment with Katie. She suggested getting the Crab Salad Sandwich, which I did. This sandwich of all sandwiches blew me away. The most recent trip was my 3rd time getting the Crab Salad and it has yet to disappoint. Of course, no trip to Fenton's would be complete without some sort of sundae. This time we left our standard "Black and Tan" to try the "Cookie Connection." No regrets. The only thing that could be better is if Ice Cream could last in a doggy bag. Fenton's also has a small shop in the Oakland Airport, so if you ever have a layover, treat yourself.

Crab Salad Sandwhich

Cookie Connection

From Fenton's Menu:
Cookie Connection

Crazy for Cookies? Picture this - A cookie creation that
starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie under scoops
of Cookies n' Cream and Cookie Dough ice cream
topped with hot fudge, marshmallow topping, whipped
cream, crushed Oreos and a cherry.

No photoshop tricks here, just a huge sundae

James and Angela ready to dig in

3 comments:

Julie Mack said...

Delicious. I love Fenton's and I'm sad I couldn't join you on this adventure.

Stacey said...

You typed crap sandwich.

Katie & Keith Bond said...

thanks for the heads up