Thursday, January 22, 2009

Carne Asada Tacos

One of my biggest loves and culinary desire...the carne asada taco. Meat, onion, cilantro, avocado. Edible proof that less is more. Growing up in the Bay Area, these were a dietary staple, but this was my first attempt at doing it at home.

There are plenty recipes out their for the meat, but I think one fun part about this food (as is for many) is making it your own. So go out there, grab some steak and play around. Just don't forget the onion, cilantro, and avocado (and the lime of course).

All of the neccessities ready to go

The finished product. Or should I say 2 of the 5 finished products...

4 comments:

Julie Mack said...

How did you make your meat? I miss the meat in TX like nothing else.

Katie & Keith Bond said...

I marinated it in lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, cilantro, olive oil, and garlic. It was really good, but I want to experiment with some others. It was good, but I didn't think it was as good as some from home, or your Texas meat either. I need to learn the secrets!

Stacey said...

Oh dango! I want some of that!

Julie Mack said...

I'm going to move to TX, work in a taco stand and then come home and share all the secrets. I think that's the only way to know how it's done.